Has anyone here had to change careers due to their pain and/

Has anyone here had to change careers due to their pain and/or disability because they couldn't perform their original job anymore? If so, how did you choose a new career? I've been searching and searching for a new career path that would bring me joy like my old one did, but I've found nothing, only miserable job opportunities. My previous career was very fulfilling. It was a pleasure doing my work, but now I can't think of a new career for myself that involves happiness. I don't want to hate my job again like I did for so many years when I was young, but I have no leads. I'm trying very hard to avoid hating what I do for money... it's hard enough being in pain everyday without adding more negativity to the situation. Any insight or advice is welcome.

Think about things you enjoy in your personal life then try to think of places that would put you around those things. So if you really love clothes and fashion maybe a department store, maybe a school or college in an office. What kind of work did you do, you don't need to day where or exactly what but was it office or what? I'm sorry that you have to deal with pain everyday.

I meant to spell say not day.

@Fohb460 I just looked at one of your other post soon as I seen it I remembered you.

@Fohb460 That would be amazing!! I would love to work in a Ceramics store. The bad news... all the ones I knew about went out of business a long time ago. They couldn't compete with people changing to shopping online. I will do a new search though. I'll ask around to see if any artists I know have heard of a new Ceramics shop too. Thanks for the idea. :)

1 Heart

Have you ever considered Medical Coding and Billing? Great field and lots of room to grow and learn and wonderful benefits and you can work from home at most places these days.

1 Heart

@CoderMom Thank you so much for the suggestion. I have zero experience in anything like that. I’ll keep it in mind though. Thank you!