Hello. My name is Beau (M), I am 21 years old and have been

Hello. My name is Beau (M), I am 21 years old and have been suffering from Insomnia for almost four years now. I often feel lonely in my struggle so naturaly I sought for some Insomniac communities. To my suprise there are very few, which eventually brought me to this support group. I was hoping I could find somebody here to talk to who suffers from Insomnia aswell, like a PenPal or something. I think it would be great to get to know some of you and face this struggle together and to eventually find some comfort in it along the way. If you are interested please send me an email to: [email protected] or just comment below this post. In this way we could swap social media's or phone numbers :)

Too all the brave people who suffer from Insomnia, I want to let you know that you are not alone in this fight and that you are stronger than you realize. It may seem like an unending battle but even darkness must pass. A new day will come and when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. I wish you all the luck and hapiness in the world and may you find some comfort in this message.

1 Heart

You are far from being alone in the struggle with insomnia. I've been dealing with insomnia for 17 years. It's brutal. I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering.
Do you have a therapist or psychiatrist? A psychiatrist could help out with insomnia by prescribing you something to help you sleep. There are also apps like calm that can help. How did your insomnia start? I'm here if you need/want to talk.

I apologize for the delay in responding. I’m having a hard time navigating the updated site.

Yes, I have a therapist as well as a psychiatrist. I’m on a lot of medications due to my work injury. So NO ONE is going to given me xanax or anything similar. I’m working on my insomnia with my psychiatrist.

My insomnia started after my work injury. My pain oftentimes wakes me up, and keeps me up. I also suffer from complex post traumatic stress disorder.

1 Heart