Hi everyone. Even tho I've been a part of other SG areas, I'

Hi everyone. Even tho I've been a part of other SG areas, I've recently researched and finalized my discovery of ADHD and how I have managed to live with it for SO LONG...
I haven't been "officially" diagnosed (not sure how) but I'm very grateful I can put a name to something that has stolen my whole life from me.
So now it's baby-steps in figuring out how to go forward with confidence that it's not too late to apply positive change and maybe help OTHERS on my late-season" journey. Here I go....

1 Heart

best of luck!

1 Heart

@norseduncan thank you so much - I am moving forward no matter what!

I am 45 and was just diagnosed with inattentive ADD in June. You need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist to be officially diagnosed as most regular docs no longer diagnose or prescribe meds without a mental health evaluation. It’s a series of tests and 1 on 1 conversations. Not cheap but worth it. I’m now on Concerta which is a slow release stimulant. Due to my age my regular doctor is being very cautious and wants me to check my blood pressure often. So far the med has definitely helped me to focus at work and shut out all the noise that used to get me sidetracked to the point where I could never finish anything. I highly recommend talking
To your regular doctor about it and requesting further evaluation. Good luck.

1 Heart

@Piwo33 thank you for the information, I’ll check into it.

From Autism and Learning Disorders to ADHD