Hi everyone. I'm 21, I've been bed wetting for as long as I

Hi everyone. I'm 21, I've been bed wetting for as long as I can remember. People close to me kind of blame me for it which makes it difficult for me to deal with it. I have no friends, I need a friend.

Hello and welcome. The people that blame you do not know what they are talking about. It is not your fault, are there things you could possibly do to help I suppose and I'm sure you do those things. Everyone is different some people may wet the bed out of pure habit who knows but there's different reasons why. It might be stress for some people while others might be a physical condition. Have you talked to a Dr about it or done any research on it?

I've visit 3 different doctors in the past 12 years and they all didn't find anything physical wrong but they prescribed anti-depressants but the haven't helped me.

@320 Do you have any ideas as to why you wet the bed? Are there times that you don’t wet? Have you done much reading on it? If not do more research on it you never know what you might find to help. One sure thing is that it isn’t your fault.

I only thing I can think of is childhood traumas, because I suppressed alot of thing when I was a child and now that everything is resurfacing I wet my bed more often than usual . The only time I don't wet is when I sleep on my back, but then I get sleep paralysis, and when I'm sick.

@320 I wondered about any trauma you may have had so since you did have childhood trauma that is likely the reason why. You said now that everything is resurfacing you wet your bed more, how has it been resurfacing? I’m sorry you are going through this. I think it would be beneficial for you to do healthy things for yourself and be kind to yourself.

Dreams, triggers and sometimes during sleep paralysis I'll have a hallucination of a traumatic event.

1 Heart

@320 There are so many things that can make our lives a real struggle day to day and many times there’s no “cure” or at least we haven’t found it yet so I’ve learned to incorporate as many coping methods as I can find. Reduce stress find ways to prevent, avoid and deal with it and that goes for everything else too like anxiety and depression there’s many ways to combat those things as well. For me the key is actually doing what I can do. It’s up to me to see that I get a sleep routine, healthy diet for me, exercise is just as crucial. You can make alot of things habit the more you do it on a regular basis the more automatic it becomes. So while we can’t make our traumas disappear we can develop ways to make our lives easier, happier, healthier and more productive. Keep 8n mind what’s happy and healthy for me may be totally different from another person we are all unique. It would be good for you to look up short breathing techniques for anxiety and find some that appeal to you keep trying them and do them everyday after you get up and every night anytime in the evening it doesn’t need to be right before bed it’s whenever it works for you.