Hi! I'm a new member to the group, I'm two days sober after

Hi!! I'm a new member to the group, I'm two days sober after smoking almost every day for ten years . I'd smoke maybe 1 gram a day. I'm sick of it and ready to let go, I'm sick of wasting time and money on this pesky little plant. MJ is my only vice, and I don't want any!! Lots of love to all you MJ addicts out there, I'll probably be coming to this grouo a lot for support.
Obsidianmoon

welcome! you can do this. its been a few years for me since leaving it behind, and i smoked daily for more than twice what you've put in. you are most welcome t com here for support. you can do this!

Thank you, but unfortunately I smoked again, ughh, night need rehab to kick this completely I'm thinking. With MJ I feel like it's something that you just walk away from when you're ready. Could be wrong on that, I just don't want vices holding me down even if it's in subtle ways. Thank you for your words of support

1 Heart

Unfortunately for some people it is not as easy as just walking away. I have been a smoker for 8 years, I now smoke close to a gram a day, sometimes more. I have tried to quite several times, the furthers I ever made it was 17 days. Whenever I try to quite I get pretty bad withdraw symptoms. It starts with the irritable mood, depression, and boredom. Then I cannot sleep, I get night sweats and insomnia. I usually will get sick to my stomach and start puking and will get headaches. I'd love to be able to walk away from my life for a month to go to rehab and detox. Sadly that is not an option, but if it is for you I would certainly consider doing it.

@dogmomma16 - I get the same withdrawals… the I really struggle sleeping… and whenever I try to eat I feel full and unable to eat. Usually lasts 4-5 days depending on how much I’d been smoking before quitting. I’m 1 day in and am not looking forward to withdrawals again.