I am feeling sad, angry, and trying hard not to feel defeate

I am feeling sad, angry, and trying hard not to feel defeated. I've lived with HSV 1 since I was 10 years old and even though it has always been something I struggled with, it has never been so intrusive than this year. I have had 7 outbreaks since January, currently healing from one right now. It takes almost 3 weeks for every outbreak to fully heal and since I have eczema on my lip as well, I feel like I have had no relief from the paranoia of spreading it to my partner. I haven't been able to have a normal sex life in what feels like a full year and I don't know what to do. I've been to 4 different doctors who tell me there's nothing I can do but take Valtrex and build my immunity. I feel like I have done everything I can think of - taking vitamins, regulating my sleep schedule, quitting smoking, meditating, exercising..I feel so lost and I just want my life back. I feel like I can't fully think of anything else during the day when I have an outbreak..Does anybody have any suggestions on what helps them? Does anybody else have this problem?

@dwack444:
i have HSV Gen2 since 1985.  i found that charting my life on a daily basis which includes foods and activities has helped to "narrow down" potential triggers.  being you're constantly having OB's, something has to be triggering it!  maybe something as simple as excessive sun, or a certain food.

i will delete your duplicate post shortly...

1 Heart

@a_survivor That’s really helpful thank you! I’m going to start doing that. Also not sure why my post duplicated but appreciate you catching that!

I am guessing you are suffering from "cold sore outbreaks" and not genital right. Have you tried the oral type medicines such as abreva or the lesser brands as an alternative? Also, keeping your immune system up is key, so they weren't wrong there. Do you drink the powdered drink packets like "Emergen-c"? If not try that out. Virgin coconut oil as well as tea tree oil have positive reviews for oral also. I have been living with herpes since 08 and until recently found that I have 1 and 2. I try to not let the diagnosis stress me out, and take my acyclovir when I am sexually active or will be drinking alcohol and it seems to work for me. This group is full of great people and advice to hopefully help your acceptance be a bit easier.

1 Heart

@enking3 yeah it’s cold sores, I’ve tried all of those treatments but working on building my immune system now. I’m working on changing my relationship with them, I do cause myself a great amount of distress. Thank you for all the suggestions!