I am seriously considering going off my medication. No I am

I am seriously considering going off my medication. No I am not manic or think since I'm doing good that I should stop my medication. I simply need to stop because it has caused me to gain a lot of weight and I can lose weight and have tried but it took almost starving myself and running myself sick to lose just 2 pounds. I have looked up alternative options and I couldn't find any reviews from personal experiences to say changing food, exercises and talk therapy helps without medication. Anybody have any advice? Options? Is there a medication without weight gain? Did making life changes work without medication?

That is a sucky side effect, but before going off, talk to your doctor about alternatives and how to get off safely.

I have the same problem with weight gain side effect. I literally have to starve to lose an ounce of weight I gained on the drug. I even ran 3 miles, 3 times a week for 3 months and literally did not lose one pound. I've been searching for an answer for this too. I totally get it. Sorry I don't have a solution, but I'll be checking back here in case somebody does.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder