I cannot stand to look myself in the mirror. I have been on

I cannot stand to look myself in the mirror. I have been on this "weight loss" "perfect body" train for years. Ever since I was 12 years old. I wish I saw how healthy I really was, but I was so convinced that I was fat. Now 3 years later, I am actually overwhelmed and trying to fight it. Everyone around me tells me that I have lost weight but I dont see it. It doesn't help when one of my parents talk about weight loss constantly, telling me "you looked so much better like this" "you need to lose 20 pounds" as a joke. I have barely looked myself in the mirror for days now, and I wear baggy and unflattering clothes just to hide my figure, I even put a survival mask on my face to hide my double chin and my chubby cheeks.
It is my first time on this website and I am just looking for people that I can talk to about this. It has been affecting for years now and I just want to heal, have a healthy body, and healthy mind.

3 Hearts

*surgical mask

Hey! I can relate and we can talk whenever!

I can talk too. I have had BDD 33 years and have issues with my weight as well.

@Brianna216 I mean since age 12 so 23 years

Removed abuse, alcohol-addiction, autism-spectrum, back-spine-pain, binge-eating-disorder, bipolar-disorder, bisexuality, body-dysmorphic-disorder, bullying-teasing, caffeine-addiction, caregiving, chronic-fatigue-syndrome, coming-out, dependent-personality-disorder, drug, eating-disorder, eating-disorder-not-otherwise-specified, eczema-dermatitis, emotional-psychological-abuse, endometriosis, epilepsy-seizures, family, fibromyalgia, gambling, grief-loss, hair-loss-alopecia, healthy-eating, homosexuality, human-papillomavirus, incest-with-family-relatives, irritable-bowel-syndrome, lung-cancer, migraines-headaches, monogamous-relationships, narcissist-abuse-and-trauma, obsessive-compulsive-disorder, opioid-addiction, parent-child-relationships, phobias-related-disorders, pregnancy-birth-issues, pregnancy-related-conditions, premenstrual-syndrome, rebuilding-self-esteem, self-harm, sexual-assault-rape, single, sleep-insomnia, surgeries-procedures, transgender, weight-loss-obesity