I feel afraid

I have always been shy and reserved and lived my life in a “learning new things” mode. My parents had been supportive but they suddenly can’t support me financially any longer and just want to me to jump on and get a job or go out and face the world. While ofc at my age I am supposed to do that anyway and I am not blaming them, what I hate is that I can’t seem to do the most normal things. I have been diagnosed with social anxiety before but the therapist couldn’t help me much. The most monotonous of things scare me, I feel vulnerable and yet obliged to do things a certain way. This issue got worse during covid and is still continuing. I lost precious time to learn stuff and now I have to go blind into whatever I am doing and basically if I fail or make a fool of myself I’ll consider my life to be over.

1 Heart

Try small steps at a time. First start looking for jobs and see how it goes.

Hello @Manami. We are sorry to hear that you are having this stressful experience. It can be very difficult to navigate the challenges that come along with social anxiety. Having social anxiety does NOT make you an ‘abnormal’ person. It is a very normal place and a very challenging one. We are here for you.

What is something that you are passionate about or gives you joy doing?

There is therapy that can help you learn these life skills, before you move out is this something you could discuss with your parents, also, have you discussed getting on anxiety medication?