I found out details of one of my husband's manic episodes to

I found out details of one of my husband's manic episodes today. It had all the "classic" points - delusions, hypersexuality, lying, on and on. I had asked him about this particular instance, and he says he didn't say things or do things, but we have multiple witnesses at different times who say differently. Does the manic person lose memories of what they did? Are they fully aware when they are in manic state? He looks genuinely bewildered and says he didn't do specific things, but he has lied to me before so I don't know what the truth is.

I think they can have blank out moments. I think stress triggers mania. Stress takes a toll on anyone.

@Lookn4raysofSunshine the psychiatrist says they have something called ‘blackout mania’, it’s kind of like someone who gets black out drunk and wakes up the next day, and people tell them what they did. Without the drugs or alcohol, just the influence of mania. We had an extraordinary amount of stress, but I didn’t realize just how much it was affecting him.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder