I got exciting news yesterday-that I'm going to be an aunt

I got exciting news yesterday-that I'm going to be an aunt.
Honestly it's hard for me to believe that good things happen especially to me. It seems like everytime that I've been genuinely happy everything comes crashing down. I'm scared of this a little bit too (the being an aunt thing-it's my first time). I have my own deep issues (from abuse-when I was a kid) that I don't want to interfere with me loving the child. I'll NEVER put anyone through the stuff I went through-I'm still a mess (I have PTSD from it all). Maybe this will push me to do more of WHATEVER it takes to get my issues to the point where it doesn't affect me as much anymore. It's not like I haven't been trying (I admit I got a little sidetrack a couple of times by life and other goals I have).

2 Hearts

I'm sure it won't be bad.

That's exciting! Congratulations on the adorable little addition to your life. If it helps at all, in the beginning, there isn't much you could do wrong. You have some years until they start speaking and processing and actually understanding the world around them. By then, I'm sure you'll have made progress towards the person you want to become, and feel more empowered about it all..

2 Hearts

@SaturnSays thanks for making me feel better.
I will definitely keep accomplishing goals especially my therapy ones. I’ll try to check in more on here too.

I’m making a list of things that I’m looking forward to doing with my little nephew and things i’m looking forward to in general. Hopefully it helps me stay focused.

1 Heart

As of very early yesterday morning I became an aunt. I’m still scared that I’m going to mess my nephew up or something because I’m messed up.

It’s a new situation for me too.

1 Heart