I have been on Bien 5 mg for 6 years now and I will sleep wi

I have been on Bien 5 mg for 6 years now and I will sleep with it but it's never 8 hours and lately has been 5-6.hours as a normal and I bought a Fitbit and shows most of my sleep is light sleep. I never recall anything I say or did after taking the Ambien so it's like fifty first dates when I take it lay in bed and chat with my boyfriend. It's the only time we have a lot of time to chat and he's long distance so I don't see him often so I talk with him when I can. It takes about an hour for the medication to work and it's that and unisom together for it to still work at this many years in. I really have had insomnia 12 years with it just progressively getting worse and no reason found as to why. I want to be able to sleep without a sleep aide because I am always a walking zombie. Anyone successfully get off Ambien and sleep normally?

Are you still here and how is your sleeping going?

You are extremely fortunate to be able to get Ambien. None of my Drs will prescribe it anymore. I’m getting desperate. I can’t sleep. This is going on five years now.

We wanted to say hello and welcome. Are you able to get another sleeping medication such as Lunesta? Have you tried Melatonin or other natural supplements?

5 years is a long time not to sleep well, if your doctor isn’t listening it may be time to get a new doctor. -SG

I take Rescue Remedy Melatonin gummies, some people I know use THC or Marijuana laced gummies. But I would at least talk to a doctor, Perimenopause, menopause, thyroid issues, etc. can all lead to sleep issues.