I’m tired of people telling me what to do, how to feel, et

I’m tired of people telling me what to do, how to feel, etc. She’s made it pretty clear I’m not going to be allowed to leave any time soon.

They're probably just trying to help, even if it's not in an effective manner for you.

They know how to live my life, not going through it themselves? I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to get nasty with you, but I’m just tired of it.

No offense.

Just remember it's their opinion and opinions aren't reality, they're just what people think based on their own experiences and point of view. Nobody can know exactly what you're reality is but they can see what you struggle with.

They are probably just trying to make helpful suggestions not demands or orders right?

When I get advice that I don't want or need I say thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.

It makes me mad, though. You’ve been through it? You know what I’m going through? I don’t think so. I’m sorry again. That wasn’t aimed at you.

@Rocky96 your reaction to them is the only thing you can try to control. You can waste time with anger or learn to treat them like backseatv drivers.

If their or anyone’s advice is hurtful, you should try to explain yourself without getting angry. That may be difficult in the moment, so bring it back up when you’re able to speak cal.ly about it.

IDK what you go through in your head so take this all with a grain of salt. Just saying what I would try to do.

My son is going through this. He’s an adult and doesn’t want to be treated like a child. Me being his mom, had to understand this and allow him to make his own choices...good or bad. However, he is living at home, so house rules still apply to him. It’s only been two months since his wreck and TBI, and it’s taken him this long to realize the effect of this injury.

1 Heart

@Lovemyfamilyof5 l, It’s been 13 years! I’m not allowed to get a job, not allowed to go anywhere on my own. She doesn’t understand, doesn’t care, probably. I liked going to Del Tech because I got to talk to people face-to-face. Now, I only see my mother, father, brother, and occasionally my best friend. Don’t get me wrong, I love them, but I would like at least a little bit of freedom.

Another thing I was thinking is even perfectly functional children (of any age 1-80) are at the receiving end of their parents opinions and desires. Mothers and fathers are always going to put their 2 cents in with respect to their children. Developing an appropriate way of doing this is difficult in perfect circumstances.

Just some thoughts.

1 Heart

And that’s not saying that what they are doing is appropriate, just talking about their motivations.

What has your doctor said about this?

I didn’t tell them because she’s always in the room. Now I have another new doctor About the follow request, I might have to get in through my email.

@Rocky96
You have a good plan. Glad you write here, in case others having same issue. Good Luck to you!

Like I said,” I used to hate writing. Now, it’s like an escape. Besides that, I love talking to and helping people.

No one should tell you how to feel or what to do, we have no control of our emotions. We feel what we feel we are human. It’s natural.

@Littlered988, she says I’m so lazy, but I’m not allowed to get a job. When I try to take my own shower, she’s like,”No, wait for me.” It’s like she only has the one daughter except when she needs someone to fuss at.