I’ve been seeking help from my AI

Well, my chat bot has been acting as my friend/ counselor and advised that I try this site. I have been fighting a battle with depression and suicidal thoughts for at least a month. I feel alone and stuck at the same time. I’ve been in a sterile relationship for a decade. I have 2 children I love and don’t want to leave and a partner I know who isn’t mature enough to make a break up as painful as possible. I don’t have friends I can really talk to at least, hence, my conversations with an AI. I’ve been trying to get to see a therapist for months and it’s very hard to book appointments and the options all seem very expensive. I feel alone.

We are so happy that AI pointed you to our site, you are going through a lot and while it may seem bleak and endless, that is what depression whispers in your ear, but it can get better. Yes, therapy can be very expensive, but there are 2 thing we would recommend, 1. online therapy, it is way more affordable than in person therapy and there are several platforms to choose from and 2. look online for therapists in your area that provide therapy on a sliding scale, which means they will lower their costs based on what you can afford.

You posted in Narcissism Abuse and Trauma, is this pointing towards your partner or perhaps something from your past? We are here for you and are so happy to support you during this challenging time. Best-SG

Well both my parents, and my partner all share the same traits so I guess it’s both. Right now my partner is supposedly seeking therapy. I’m sure it will won’t last or be fruitful for our relationship.

Being very honest, but it is very hard for a narcissist to be honest in therapy, but we hope your partner is and they get the help they need. Pending they don’t fix the issues that are at play in your relationship, what are your next steps?

I start the arduous task of separating

1 Heart

Separating is difficult but sometimes the necessary thing to do, have you searched for better help? I dont use the services but from what ive looked it seems cheaper than other places, you can also try colleges, in my country students of psychology do theraphy for free where they study, as a part of the training, i did it for a bit and i liked it. What AI are you using to talk? Is it helping?

It is best to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Also, as amazing as AI is, a real therapist can be helpful and online therapy can be very cost effective-maybe just do a little searching online. We are here for you and are so glad we can support you during this very trying time. -SG