I was sad to see a post the other day about the "hatred" exp

I was sad to see a post the other day about the "hatred" expressed in the posts here at SG at times. It mentioned that this site has become less supportive at times and can become a toxic place where people trade insults. Some of you may know that I am the moderator of the Borderline Personality Disorder and Bipolar groups. I joined SG over ten years ago. I am a member, just like you. SG asked me to volunteer my time to moderate those groups and I agreed. A number of years ago we had more moderators - @norseduncan, @pickone moderated the Narcissist group, @Ducktape was a moderator, @Round3 moderated PTSD - to mention a few...
Unfortunately those groups no longer have moderators. I joined the Depression group recently, not because I am depressed, but because I wanted to read the posts. I wish I had more time to read everything, but I don't. SG saved me in my darkest hours. Had I come here, deep in a BPD or Bipolar episode and someone insulted me, I would have been devastated. I am writing this post to ask all of you to be mindful of the possibly unimaginable state of mind some of us may be when we stumble upon this site looking for a helping hand, a friendly ear, or some validation for our pain. I am asking you to please be kind to each other, and if you can't... please say nothing at all. Thank you - Kisobel

9 Hearts

Cannot forget Jennipain she moderated many groups, always had kind words for all.

2 Hearts

@starship I don’t think I remember ever seeing a post that she didn’t at least throw a short comment on.

aw I do remember pickone, norseduncan and jennipain, that was a while ago and reminds me how quickly everything goes by. Miss some of those interchanges for sure.

2 Hearts

@Littlesis7 Honestly, the whole world has changed quite a lot since those days which arguably, weren’t that long ago. Wish I could say it’s been for the better though.

"SupportGroups.com is a safe social support network that allows members to join more than 220 condition-specific groups, seek emotional support..."
We can't have a "safe" site without effective moderators. Thanks @kisobel
xx

2 Hearts

I've been on here for a little over 4 years and the support in the Divorce group got me through a very hard time. I made friends that I talk to nearly every day from the group and I even met a couple people in person and it was all so helpful in my healing process. But I also encountered some people here and there who were very critical and unsupportive. I don't think they were doing it on purpose but looking back at some of my posts I would have yelled at me too and considering they were on here for some reason of their own, that could have influenced their reactions to my posts. We all need to understand that everyone has problems and ours usually isn't the worst of them all.

2 Hearts

I am back I did see this message and feel bad I did leave but was very overwhelmed with things. My life is better and different now and I want to help anyone that needs it or just want to talk. Thanks for the kind words and wow it's so great to see that some friends are still here. Love you all so much.

1 Heart

Welcomeback @Jenni back !! Can you start a post saying you’re back? Not everyone will see this here. And congrats on achieving a better life and a grand baby.

Welcome back friend, we have missed you immensely.

2 Hearts

Wow kisabel i have been thinking of all those members. I think people watch the posts but dont necessarily write. Your mentioning names will bring them back to life. The world has gone mad.

2 Hearts

@Lookn4raysofSunshine We all are suffering right now and need the support. I believe if we all help and care a bit more the site might wake up the site a bit. Stay strong.

Wow K, I just dont understand the climate of being unkind to vulnerable, sick people. I know u dont remember me, but 8 yrs ago I used to b active on this site. YOU always gave the best, helpful tips! I r a blessing to all if us at SG. You have helped me out w ur kindness on some of the darkest days of my life!

2 Hearts

Hi @p1bird. Of course I remember you. I remember when you joined. Didn’t you go to a in-patient facility not long after that? We had some great conversations. How are you doing these days? Big hugs :slight_smile:

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder