I wish I had a good close friend in my life that would be in

I wish I had a good close friend in my life that would be in touch everyday and we could go out and spend time together or just stay in and chat. Someone who actually cared about me and understood what I deal with. Sharing with me their struggles as well and valued me and my friendship in their life....
Will that day every be

2 Hearts

Even on here... there's no one to chat with or connect with. Just endless posts after endless posts

@GrowingPains' Many of us wish for a friend liked that, but few of us do..... A friend for Life! I had a friend like that, but I had to leave her behind, when I moved to another country. We are still in contact with technology as it is now....... Still it's not the same, as if we were togeher in the same place...... I looked, and made some friendships, but non has been the same, as my true friend...... I have realised "to have a friend is to be a friend. " It takes time to get to know a person, trust them, and become a friend.... True friendships are not easy.... You have to open up, and become vulnerable. This is why a true friend can hurt you.... But Life is all about exposing yourself, and trusting.... Yes, hurting is involve, when you choose the wrong person to be your friend..... It's liked falling in Love. Life is a Journey, and we learn from all our experiences, the good ones, and especially the bad experiences...Yes, at the end of the day, you've to put yourself out there, in order to have a friend. You have to get out there, and socialized.... Find a hobby, join a gym, volunteer etc. You won't find a friend at home. Remember you're not alone, SG friends are here, to support, and be supported. Be strong the best is yet, to follow......

Sorry this is how it's been for you. I feel the same, but in my case it's not so much for just friendship, but friendship that would turn into love. I've known several survivors of child abuse and I know a lot of times that part of life can be hard for them. I'm not saying any of it is their fault. It's like you said, people just want to be worshipped and have others shower them with compliments and kiss their a$$es. I agree. Most do. And when you stop giving them that, they're gone. But as far as having a true friend that I could be close to and even share feelings with a lot, I don't have one either. I do, but not someone who is actually around me. I'm not perfect, but I try to listen and put myself in that person's shoes if I can. I find a lot of people just ignore you when you start having problems. And it sucks. Nobody wants ignored and made to feel like they are worth nothing to others.

2 Hearts

@Irma Thanks but that's not the issue for me.... people are who they are regardless of my friendship

1 Heart

I am just getting things out that have been building inside. Been battling major depression and chronic fatigue yet I still try and in my recent efforts to makes friends I've only found those who are so **** selfish whose brains can only think about what they want and how they feel and what they would like and what they want from me and who just want to suck the little bit of life and energy I do have left outta me.

And yea, when I stop feediing into that they get mad & pissed and send me angry texts because how dare I not make them my num 1 priority at every second of the day and whenever they text or call, meanwhile it's ok for them to not be concerned about me one bit. So yea... I'm frustrated. I don't really need advice, just need to get this off my chest

2 Hearts

@GrowingPains I know the frustration. I know you’re not looking for advice, so I won’t give any. That’s something I understand too. You ask for it and many people (even without knowing it) will give you the same advice over and over, many times being what you’ve already done/are doing or things that just make no sense. And that’s even more frustrating.

I've kinda stopped searching. I know it takes time to build a real friendship but it's just finding those that I mutually click with and have a connection with which isn't easy to find so I just pray about it and will leave it alone for now. I've had enough negative experience throughout my life to last me the rest of my life and unfortuantely I've had more negative experiences with people than positive and this last round of inviting friendships into my life felt like I was inviting bad, evil and negativity into my life and I realize... I can't do it. Let my Higher Power do it. If there is someone out there right for me... we will connect when we're meant to and it'll be positive, not a disaster!

2 Hearts

@GrowingPains I certainly hope that happens for you soon. Sending prayers and good vibes your way.