I wish I had energy. Life would be so much if only I were we

I wish I had energy. Life would be so much if only I were well. My brain on the other hand has too much energy in negative ways.

2 Hearts

What do you do when you don't have energy? When my energy is low and I cannot do my normal routine, I try to do things to occupy my mind. It can be difficult to slow down the mind. Are there any activities you enjoy that you can do sitting down at home when your energy is low? If not, maybe try pintrest to see if there is some hobby or activity you can try. Especially if it's something that can help others because you then have a purpose for what you're doing and you feel good helping someone.

1 Heart

@Anella
Yes, I have a few distractions I do. My energy is always low so it’s a daily thing. I have simple hobbies that I like, like watching TV or playing games on my phone

It does help a little bit. I don't really need a new hobby. I just need to feel better and be well.

2 Hearts

@IAmHealing, I understand. How can a person start a new hobby with CFS and literally no energy? No one has a clue unless they’ve experienced it like I have. I had to research for my own answers because how the medical community can’t do jack about it.

I was able to search and find supplements good for CFS in general. A lot of which I already take but it's good to know what helps.

1 Heart

@IAmHealing Carnitine I’m sorry, the site said the studies showed initial study results seemed positive but there were no followed up studies to confirm the results, according to this site. Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
So I got what they suggested, Carnitine, Q10
Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide(NADH)
Ribose. (I found the Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide(NADH) and the
Ribose together in one capsule at Walmart.) and these supplements seemed to help me significantly in three weeks time, to where I can work again.

you are not anemic, right? as in, your doctors haven't recommended iron or vitamin B12 supplements? or Vitamin D supplements? Thyroid is also normal?
assuming these are normal, you could talk to your doctor about a stimulant.
For thoughts racing, it could be treated like ADHD and that could give you day time energy.
If you have BMI over 25 and a doctor that's willing, you could ask for a trial of stimulant weight loss pill. Phentermine is an example. this can help with energy.
For narcolepy, there is a stimulant called Modafinil, which have been used off-label for excessive sleep/fatigue related to cancer/fatigue related to some autoimmune causes.
hope this helps.

1 Heart

@SaintBede
Thank you