I'm starting to feel depressed again. I wake up in the morni

I'm starting to feel depressed again. I wake up in the morning, go eat my cereal, then get back into bed. Most days I only get 6 to 8 hours out of it. My body is getting weak and muscles are sore. What do I do?

1 Heart

Are you taking medication for the depression? What do you think are some that you can do to help yourself?

1 Heart

Yes I'm taking medication. I think I want to change the medication as its not working. Don't know what else I can do?

@hernameislauren several months ago my Dr suggested to increase the dosage of my medication so I tried it and it really made a difference for me. That’s all we can do is try things. If increasing your dosage doesn’t help then maybe your medication doesn’t to be changed. So maybe Monday you can call your Dr office and talk to the nurse maybe they will increase your dosage without an appt or even change your med. Try to force yourself to go outside even if it’s just to sit that’s better than nothing. Try to get sunshine ok.

1 Heart

And I've been watching YouTube videos on how to get over depression but none of them help

1 Heart

@hernameislauren Have you tried integrating exercise into your routine? It’s not a depression cure all, but it truly helps slowly build confidence and boosts the natural endorphins in the brain. You could go for a light walk around your neighborhood or do aerobics tapes (I love my 80’s aerobics VHS tapes) or you could weightlift or swim and the list goes on. It may seem like a daunting task to start exercise while being depressed, but it’s a major form of self-care just as washing your face or brushing your teeth can become a daily routine, dedicating a few minutes or an hour to each day or so to break a sweat in any way that you enjoy can be really rewarding short and long term. I hope this helps as it’s really helped me.

Honestly don't even feel like doing that.
About two weeks ago I was still going for my daily walks but now I just can't

@hernameislauren Do you have agoraphobia by any chance? I used to have it off and on in my 20’s and what helped me get through it was giving myself a challenge each week to go further and further out into my city by bus or walking to go to an event, restaurant, museum or just for a walk- all of those little and big things to get me used to going out of my comfort zone paid off over the years: this year I went to a huge VIP 80’s hair metal/rock concert all by myself and met Brett Michaels and in a few months I’m flying on my own to San Diego to sell my artwork at a convention. Staying in bed most of the day sometimes during the week could be a contributor to your depression. Can you try to do maybe one walk a week just around the neighborhood and build off of that from there? if you liked going for walks before, but feel you can’t now, can you try walk along YouTube videos in your room or walk around your room? I say this because it’s important to get circulation moving in your legs and body throughout the day. Depression is telling you that you can’t do the walks that you once liked- I believe in you and know that you can, and I really hope you can enjoy your walks someday again. I hope this helps!

hiya ive been exercising lately

1 Heart