Is anyone here familiar with the menopause supplement Equell

Is anyone here familiar with the menopause supplement Equelle (S-equol)? Have you tried it? I like the fact that there's science behind it, but it sounds too good to be true -- no side effects and all that.
Anyway, I plan to ask my doctor and my Ob-gyn about it, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any personal experience with it.

1 Heart

Good morning Kate...I have not tried it but have heard of it. I'm all for trying plant based, natural remedies over HRT any day!
Be well sweet lady

@mechele Thank you, Mechele!! How are you doing these days?

I just started seeing commercials for Equell about a week ago, and I was intrigued because it’s plant-based, and also made by Nature Made. I use their other vitamins (because they have the USP seal), so I trust them a bit more. I’ve read mixed things about plant-based phytoestrogens, and recall reading something about not eating too much soy for that reason. But the research papers I’ve read about this supplement give me hope. My biggest concern is I don’t believe in “no side effects” for anything, so it makes the product sound too good to be true.

I checked ACOG and NAMS and didn’t see anything specifically about Equelle, so I thought I’d ask around while I continue researching it.

And I agree with you 100%!!! My OB-gyn keeps trying to get me to use HRT, but it scares the crap out of me, so I don’t want to do it.