Is it necessary for my parents to not let me go and have fun in the evenings at 20?

I don’t want to stay and be locked up in my home forever, but somehow they let me attend my own high school prom, despite insisting on me not going there because I would be alone. I feel miserable. :frowning_face:

Your parents sound rather strict, but not so long ago many parts of Europe and North America did not consider “kids” to be adults until they were 21. Is being out alone at night considered dangerous where you live, or do you think your parents have other reasons for wanting to confine you?

Usually at 20 parents should be able to consider you and adult. As long as you all agree being under their roof on a time to be in at night for safety reasons. Yes they sound strict but it sounds like they love you and worry about you. Hugs.

Being out alone and having fun at parties seem pretty risky for them, but I’d rather not stay in this house until I’m free.

And I’m almost 20, but the saddest thing is that I don’t have a personal vehicle and an apartment, so I’m still living with them.

Do you plan on looking for a job to give you some independence for yourself? My opinion is if you can start to earn money you can start to save up for some transportation for yourself. Hugs.

Yes, I do - maybe I’ll have some luck this year.

1 Heart

Good luck and i hope you find a great job!!!. Hugs.

1 Heart

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Heart

Your so welcome. I wish you nothing but the best.:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Heart

Same to you. :slight_smile:

1 Heart

Thanks!!!

1 Heart