It continues

Hi everybody. I recently started receiving emails from Support Groups and decided to drop in. I haven’t been here since 2017 and as we all know a lot has happened in the past six years. We’re still here and still enduring though. There’s been peaks and many valleys. Much has happened that’s worth forgetting but also well worth remembering. I hope you all have been doing great and please feel free to reach out. It feels good talking and letting things out when there’s no pressure. This site was a great outlet for me when my anxiety was very crippling and I think I’m gonna try to use this a little more again.

6 Hearts

That was before I joined but welcome back

2 Hearts

Welcome back! We are so glad to hear you are doing well, we look forward to seeing you post more often! -SG

1 Heart

Welcome back. I was here since before 2017 Ive changed my username a few times for privacy reasons.

1 Heart

Same here. After several years away I suddenly started receiving emails from this site again so I figured I would check out the message boards to see what was going on. It’s good that a forum such as this exists for those of us in the same boat to share feelings and experiences.

2 Hearts

Welcome back! -SG

So glad that people are coming back to the site, this website is a place unlike any other, ups and downs, multiple site changes, but it is the only place where we can be us. Hugs

3 Hearts

Be sure to reach out any time. Hope you’re doing well

Ha! I guess I wasn’t the only one.
I appreciate the comment. Be sure to reach out anytime and I hope you continue to do well

Thank you! It actually feels pretty good to be back. I’m gonna try to get myself to check in on Support Groups at least a few times a week. It’s a great resource to get in touch with everyday people who understand.
Hope you are well!

1 Heart

I am doing well today thank you. I look forward to seeing you around the site :heart:

1 Heart

Hello, I’m new here. I’m in a dark place as of late, riddled with anxiety and depression after single handedly tearing my life apart.i don’t have many friends I can talk to about this as they are all normal well adjusted people and I am a wreck even on good days. I struggle a lot just try to show up and be a part of. I’ll be checking in a couple times a week. Thank you for reading.

2 Hearts

Anxiety is a helluva thing isn’t it? I get angry because I feel like my own body is betraying me or punishing me, which of course doesn’t help. Talking about it does.
I guess I’ve always had it but it became crippling in my mid 40’s. After I was able to get under relative control and really became more educated about it, it became easier to talk about and surprisingly I learned that many other “normal” people deal with it as well. Not necessarily the exact experience I may have dealt with but definitely issues that are relatable.
We’re not as alone as we sometimes believe we are so I hope you can find comfort in opening up to others. People like to listen, especially those of us who understand.
I hope you’re feeling better,

So glad you are here and talking about things. There is normal anxiety, like will I do okay on this test I have studied for and non typical/healthy anxiety, like will I be okay getting to work, will my children be safe at school, will I be able to get through all this work-like a huge trembling jenga tower. Therapy and maybe medication can help so much. I know in my family someone who struggled so much and then they got on the right medication and things were a lot better. It still isn’t perfect and they have to do a lot of things to stay on track, but better is a good way to live.

I get mad at my body a lot too, today it broke out in hives when I was trying to heal strep, but on the other hand with that I am like, cause and effect, okay what can I do. There is no shame in getting help in the form of therapy and medication if needed.

1 Heart

The right therapist does absolute wonders.

1 Heart