It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted anything. Year

It’s been quite awhile since I’ve posted anything. Years really. 6 years divorced, 8 years since DDay#1. I still struggle sometimes. Not sure why I’m back here, sometimes I just need someone to talk to. Most of my friends just can’t believe I still struggle after all this time. Still have nightmares. My ex had a 5 year affair.

1 Heart

You might have PTSD? if it's causing you to have nightmares there's a high chance that's what you're dealing with. I'm so sorry that happened and you are still having to deal with the after effects from it that's awful

1 Heart

The death of a marital relationship is a huge, life-changing loss; it includes so many other losses; including companionship, security, and your hopes and dreams of the future. Like any loss, recovery is a grief process, a process that can't be rushed, and we all grieve in our own time. However, some people become stuck; Queen Victoria mourned Albert for 35 years. If you suspect that you're not making headway, maybe it's time to seek professional help.
I wish you healing and peace.

1 Heart

From Romantic Relationships to Cheating & Infidelity