Lost, ashamed and scared

Just joined this group in hopes of finding some help. I am desperate, alone and genuinely terrified of myself. Spending has always been a serious issue for me. A couple years ago my husband found out about my $40k in credit card debt. We took out money from our home and paid it off. He was furious, but forgave me. As of right now, I have built the debt back up to almost the same amount. He wants to take out a loan for a new patio and will definitely find out what I have done. The shame and anxiety are too much. I’m scared and don’t know what to do. This issue has caused suicidal feelings in the past and I am worried about falling back into that darkest of dark. How do I fix this? How do I fix me?

1 Heart

you absolutely need to go to therapy to find out why you are doing this and how to stop. therapy is wonderful, its not a scary thing. you get tons of really kind therapists who can hellp. also a start is going to group support if you want to, but i think therapy will be your answer. do not hesitate. and tell your husband as soon as possible. you have to. but tell him that you are planning on going to therapy to sort out your problem

1 Heart

Hoping you find the help you need, yes therapy is how I am going to tackle my shopping problem. I returned a load of things today. I have no shame returning things at moment but I am trying to make myself aware of the time it is taking me away from other things I want to pursue. Wishing you a recovery from this.

1 Heart

Waiting in aguish until he finds out isn’t ideal, being honest isn’t going to be easy, but you need to at least try. Having a plan on how you can financially help would be great, can you get a second job or sell a purse or jewelry? This is serious and we think you realize it, so look into therapy, talk to a financial planner, how can you really work on this and not let it happen again. -SG