Menopause has been kicking my butt for 3 yrs now! I feel d

Menopause has been kicking my butt for 3 yrs now!!! I feel defeated by it, emotionally exhausted, physically like I've been hit by a truck. I gained some weight and the shape of my body is different. My jeans barely fit but I squeeze into them anyway. I don't sleep as the hot flashes wake me up at lease 3-4 times during the night and then all day they're robbing me of my sanity. I had to spend the whole 2020 pandemic nightmare locked up in my small apartment enjoying noisy neighbors and menopause. My absolute worst year for sure! My moods are all over the place and most of the time I pretend I'm in an OK mood (at work) but what I really want is for everyone to stay the hell away from me. I don't want to be engaged in mindless chit chat about things I find insignificant. Sorry! I know I must sound pretty bad here. I don't mean to. Anyway, I have been on the fence about hormone therapy because my sister did it and she has been able to have a normal life since menopause. She's in her early 70s and doing well, on therapy for about 15-20 years. Doesn't mean that will be my experience and that is why I hesitate. My mom passed from cancer and just recently my 49 year old niece had a double mastectomy and her mom (my sister in law) passed this June from cancer. Sigh...I will continue trying all natural remedies. The latest is Red Clover in liquid form. First time I tried it I got a queasy stomach (and I didn't take the full dose). Maybe I need to get used to it. Have to give it another shot. Hope everyone is doing ok and just want to say "thank you" for listening.

1 Heart

I feel as a woman there are so many things that no one prepares you for. I have found that doing my own research has helped, I am not quite menopausal, but I am developing an auto immune disease that is one wild ride. I get these weird cold flashes that make me feel like I just took an ice bath and can take over an hour to regulate. I have also had hormone issues over the years. I have found eating as well as possible, exercising and listening to my body help a lot. I like acupuncture as a way of treating things my doctor sort of ignores as I seem healthy to him and my tests are good. Anyway, let me know if you need someone to listen, I am here.

@CKBlossom
Hello and thank you for your response. No, there was no preparation, no warning, no discussions. My mom suffered during menopause too and I almost feel as though a woman going through it just wants it to go away so don’t breathe life into it by discussing it. I can’t believe they can’t come up with a treatment other than something that puts women at risk. I am sorry you are going through what you’re going through. Sounds awful. Does acupuncture help? Any other herbal treatments? Hope you’re having a good day.