My 8 year old son is completely out of control and I don't k

My 8 year old son is completely out of control and I don't know what to do about it. He doesn't listen to nothing, he throws fits when he don't get his way and when I'm not around he hits his mother and calls her names. I fear for his furure and what type of person he's going to turn out to be. I really just don't know what to do I've tried everything and I fear with him being 8 that it might be too late. I can only imagine what he's going to be like when he's a teenager.

hugs and support to you! Being here with us and reaching out is a great first step! I think that the one thing that is really really really important is consistency. It sounds like he has a lot of anger, and feelings that he needs to get out, and therapy would be a really great option to get him started healing those issues which are bubbling up in him. Setting natural consequences rather than punishments can help teach him limits, and boundaries. Personally I really like the "love and logic" methods, they have videos and books galore, even youtube videos. Consistency also means that you and your wife need to be on the same page with plans, and how your son will experience naturally occurring consequences. It is not too late, just being here shows how much you care! hugs to you!