My guy friend has been late to our hangouts multiple times

My guy friend has been late to our hangouts multiple times. He is the one that usually picks me up when we're hanging out since he knows I don't like driving and he lives in the same neighborhood as me. I find the weird thing is he is always either on time/only a few minutes late or more than like half an hour late, there is literally no in between. I've told him multiple times that I don't like waiting around for him and for him to try to be on time more but he always apologizes and makes excuses as to why he's late, then, he says he'll try not to do it again, but he still does. It's so annoying. He also won't tell me he's running late until he's on his way over here, so it's like I have to wait around for him because I don't know if he still wants to hang out or not and it gets annoying after a few times. He used to always be on time when we hang out, but ever since college, he's been running late almost half of the time. He's usually the one that picks the time too so it's not like I'm choosing a time that's inconvenient, but he can still be late.

We wanted to say hello and see if you were still on our site. Punctuality is very important to some and not so much to others, but if it is important to you, it should be important to him. If that doesn’t work you can try telling him an earlier time then you expect him. -SG