Need advice! My foster son has ADHD. He takes meds in th

Need advice!!

My foster son has ADHD. He takes meds in the morning which make him not hungry. He takes another med in the afternoon which is basically a booster for his morning dose. My issue here is in the afternoon he is starving, Hungry ALL THE TIME!!! But the only things he wants to eat is junk. We are encouraging healthier food options but he still is gaining roughly 10 pounds everything month and his doctor is concerned.

To add: Right now we do breakfast, lunch, 1 snack between lunch and supper, and another snack between supper and bedtime. But he "so hungry" he sneaks snacks and stuff. Doesn't matter how much we watch him he still manages to sneak them some how!!

Maybe a protein shake in the morning will be easy to get down even if he isn't hungry will help, also, what about exercise, is he getting enough, this could help with the ADHD and the weight gain.

@CKBlossom We go play basketball after homework and chores are done every day after school for probably around a half hour. He also is in charge of play time with the dog because the both have so much energy lol

From Autism and Learning Disorders to ADHD