Realizing the Truth about my Mother

I finally stopped making excuses for my mother, she has been really toxic and recently her behaviour has gotten so bad that I feel emotionally tired being around her.
I avoid her and now I want to stop telling her what I do because clearly she does not see me as myself just an extention of her.

On my birthday (last month) the male waiter complimented me and called me ‘sugar’ and my mom said
‘Why did he call you that?’ ‘Why cant he say that to me?’ In a weird tone like jealousy to my dad and he ignored her.
She posted my pictures on her facebook about my birthday withoit my permission to her friends, people I do not know but they know me. I felt uncomfortable. I will never take her out or my dad again for my birtgday.
She also kept criticizing herself and I took pictures of her and she looked at them. I felt drained hearing her go on and on about her aging.
My birthday felt mediocre because I can tell my parents were pretending and did not caee, I felt more appreciation at the resturaunt I went to than with them.
She also posted it to her toxic familys group chat for validation of them when they do not care about my mom. They are all just as FAKE as her. I felt weird her posting me when I knew she did it for peoples validation and I hated it. I enjoyed my meals but I made a mental note to never go out with them again.

Two days ago after I finished dressing to go out , she told me to go outside without a belt when truthfully my skirt was not fitting well. Sje has done this multiple times throught my life, for school she ruined my hairstyles, she yanked curlers out of my hair when my hair was awful it was heat damaged (2017) , gave me bad advice for my appearance and when ai went into secondary school in 2011 she refused to hem up my uniform (it was fallimg on the ground) and I got bullied every day and she blamed ME for being bullied.
She NEVER gave me the sex talk or talk about my cycle so I had to figure out everything myself or even hygiene so ai relied on Youtube as my guide. Thankfully I learnt quickly.

When I was 11 she isolated me from people my age and I was only around this toxic family on her side who are just as toxic as hers. This affected my mental health negatively and I cut contact with them recently because I noticed they only USE each other and I need to heal after an aunt took advantage of me from 2020- early 2021 so I avoid her as well.
Mom used to get mad at me having friends and only wamted me arround her and this stunted my social and interpersonal skills. I would always have to be home or out with my parents and they treated me however they like or its my dad trying to get me mad or criticize me, my body, my food and she does nothing and thinks it is normal or he would tell lies and denies he did these things and she would justify his toxicity because of his dark, traumatic , past.

She dislikes me being genuinely happy and would encourage me to stay in toxic stuations/ areas/ with people that are abusive and take the abusers side. I went through mental and psychological abuse at school, home (with her boyfriend that is my dad), lessons, camp and I was miserable. I felt like no one cared and I suffered from depression for my life and when I first told her she laughed at me.
Mom contantly grabs or touches my hand like I am a kid and I get angry because I dislike people touching me or she is in my personal space she does not care about my boundaries and I had to stop telling her my problems, one time she smiled when I cried and got mad that I was having a mental breakdown.
I later was diagnosed with lupus and I finally found peace mentally. (Lupus was causing my mental health to detoriate so I found a solution for that) but due to her never pushing for my health she never cared to check for my symptoms until I lost ALL funnction in my hands, was mentally confused and lost my abulity to walk. (2022) This is forever burnt into my memory because it was when I realized she will lut my life in danger and not care until it is too late.
She has public huminiated me on multiple occasions, lied to my friends just so she can look better.
She also justifies my fathers toxic behaviour towards me and does nothing about it. In her mind ’ it has to be my fault’
She uses me to make herself look good to the public when truthfully she has destroyed my life ever since I went through puberty.

Thanks to talking to my psychatrist we figured out she has low emotional intelligence and it explained so much about her behaviour.
Now I try to avoid her and I find more peace focusing on myself and my needs. I figured my life would be better WITHOUT her (or my father) in it because they constantly show how they really feel about me and I want nothing to do with her.

1 Heart

:confused: she feels like she has toxic feelings and needs to be disinfected. I am so sorry to hear about your story. I am praying :pray: harder than ever that someday everything will work out for you. :pensive:

1 Heart

Thank you for your prayers and reading my post.
I will get out from her influence and ensure I get to a safe space.

At first it hurt badly knowing this but now not so much. I am glad the mental hold she had on me is broken.

I hope that one day I can help others not go through what I did so they can be free as well so that is why I share my story.

3 Hearts

Im sure your on the right path :people_hugging: :slight_smile:

2 Hearts

:hugs: Thank you very much. I believe I am. The quicker I get away from her my life will improve. I had to accept I would never gwt the love I saw on Tv or with my friends moms.
I feel so much better thanks to this group I realized how I was treated was not normal. I am greatful I spoke up

3 Hearts

Virtual world hug :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: :+1: :melting_face: :hugs: <|=) you should throw a celebration party :partying_face: :confetti_ball: :tada: celebrating :champagne: :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smile:. I wish i could do the same for me

1 Heart

Thank you.
For you it takes self belief and never giving up on yourself.
No matter how dark things get there is always hope and resources to help you with your issues.

2 Hearts

It is healthy to cut toxic people out of your life, even if they are family, maybe I should say, especially if they are family.

3 Hearts

That is true. I am now realizing this.
I wish I did this years ago but things happen for a reason.

3 Hearts

OMG, run and don’t look back! Not that you have to tell me, but I wonder what life circumstances as a child or adult created her.

3 Hearts

From what I gathered it was not good at all. I felt sorry for her but it does not excuse her behaviour. Intergenerational trauma is a thing but unless she wants to be helped (low chance of that) allI can do is go no contact.
She will not try theraphy when she used to feel anxious she put the responsibility on me to fix her but when ai said I didnt know how to help, go to. theraphy she gor annoyed.

1 Heart

Usually the environment surrounding that person. I do not understand why everyone has to be mean sometimes. =)

1 Heart

Well its their choice. That doesnt mean I need to be in it. Many people lack empathy and emotional intelligence that is why they act that way.
I said close to my full story on here so it took taken a toll on me over the years.

1 Heart

I think i lack the most empathy because i can not appreciate much given. For example, i want to be blind. But i have eyes? But i wish to be blind… i don’t get the logic.

You can work on improving on it with a mental health professional. At least you know the problem and you can find a solution to improve and find out the cause of why you lack empathy.

1 Heart

I think it’s because i moved to NC and i don’t like living here. I really miss my smelly egg harbor, bridges crumbling, and jersey shore ("Not to be confused with the “Jersey shore” reality show. But honestly, i would probably still return back and I have zero clue why? I ask myself, “Do i really want to do this all over again?” There is no connection, it’s like, “You have no choice”. This is where I am stuck on. Even if i were to go back home. It’s a thought at times, but at least in nj i feel much better about not doing it.

I understand. If it troubles you deeply, you can talk to a counseller or a therapist about how you are feeling.

1 Heart

I would like too. I am not the same without self harm. I miss it like to a lost dog that is a jerk and im glad it’s gone. Because it would Drive me crazy. Like your holding on the leach and dog sees ball and you are dragged along… that is what I miss now… i think still about giving up

You need help professionally as soon as possible. A trained psychologist or psychyatrist should be avalible wherever you are and can help you with what you typed here. They will be able to help you with any troubles you have and the thoughts you are having. Please make an apointment as soon as possible.

If you have a support system confide in them about your issues l, take action to heal and not just rely on one outlet for assistence.

I appreciate that you listened to my story however I am not qualified to help you with what you stated.

1 Heart

My plan is to deactivate my phone, cancel my vehicle insurance, and no direct deposit. Quit my job, go back to nj and sit down and wait until I get an answer. No vehicle, no income, and no need for assistance because i can not change myself. Life is not over, but reality check. I can not be helped or helpful. I am not sad, i am not depressed, it’s where i belong along. I have to accept myself. What i want is to be forgotten and left alone to think. I could go to Hawaii or stay in NJ.