Shopping Addiction Help

I don’t know what to do or where to go. I can’t find any support groups around me or online that are actually helpful. I have a horrible shopping addiction and it feels like its getting worse no matter what I try to do.

3 Hearts

Welcome to the site @Atargatis. Dealing with shopping addiction involves recognizing the problem, understanding the triggers, and taking the steps necessary to manage the behavior. Firstly, acknowledging the addiction is crucial; you can seek support from a therapist or support groups like our site or Shopaholics Anonymous to address underlying emotional issues. Setting firm budgets and avoiding triggers, such as unsubscribing from marketing emails or avoiding malls, can help control impulses. Additionally, finding healthier alternatives to fulfill emotional needs, such as engaging in hobbies, exercise, or spending time with loved ones, can be beneficial. It’s also important to monitor progress and celebrate successes, no matter how small, to build confidence and encourage a positive shift in behavior. -SG

You are not alone. I am struggling badly too. We can be in this together. I cannot find help anywhere else :frowning: Sending encouragement and support to you

Welcome to the site @candlesandcomfysweaters (great username by the way). We hope that you and @Atargatis will be able to support one another during this trying time. -SG

Are there any programs that are not 12 step that are available for shipping addiction or behavioral addictions?

We like this site a lot, it has a lot of great advice written by medical professionals and their content is recent. Let us know if you find something helpful. Best-SG

We wanted to check in and see how everyone was doin. We hope you are finding that support and accountability, while you are working to deal with your shopping addiction, to be incredibly helpful. If you have any questions, please let us know. -SG

Our blog regarding Shopping addiction, Shopping Addiction