So, my University has a policy that if you have 3 exams with

So, my University has a policy that if you have 3 exams within a 24 hour period, so all on the same day, one of them has to be rescheduled. I have 3 on one day. One is seated and scheduled when the University told the teacher too. She actually tried to reschedule it earlier in the semester and was told she couldn't. The second is also scheduled for when the University said it was supposed to be, and is a take home final. We just turn in the paper copy within the exam time. The third, according to the exam schedule, is scheduled to be due 5 days early. This one is turned in online. I've talked with my classmates, and basically all of them don't care and are fine just leaving it as is. I have a total of 4 in 48 hours with this set up, and since seeing that have been wondering how on earth I'm going to get it all done in time, to a good quality, especially with me having ADHD. My question is has anyone else gone to a University with a 3 exams in 24 hours one must be rescheduled policy? If so, did that policy also apply to online submitted exams? If I didn't see the extra time as being helpful, I wouldn't fight it, but 5 days is a lot of breathing room. Especially with how involved all of my finals in that 48 hours is.

group? any thoughts? just do your best. all you can do. believe in yourself. we believe in you

1 Heart

@norseduncan So, after asking 5 different people and a couple different departments on campus, I got the answer. Take home/online submitted exams are not included in the policy. I meet with my counselor next week and I’ll talk to her about it then a bit more. There has got to be a loop hole somewhere, and I will find it. Having ADHD, the take home exams are actually harder for me to complete because there is very little outside structure to help me keep on track and they tend to be more involved than just memorize this stuff. I also find them to be more involved.

I hope you can get all this worked out. how much longer do you have in school?

1 Heart

@norseduncan 2 years. Which reminds me I need to contact my adviser again, because for some crazy reason my degree audit still isn’t showing my associate’s degree, which really screws me over and I’m actually legally protected to have certain classes waved because I have it, so. Not sure what’s going wrong there. Either way, it will be 2 years, I will take summer classes and 18 credits a semester if I have to. I’m very ready to have my bachelors.

From Autism and Learning Disorders to ADHD