Update/Venting

I gave up too much of what makrs me happy for this job. I’m search for a new one and am getting help from the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation. I look forward to brainstorming soon.
This week is going to be a wacky but exciting week- I’m becoming an aunt.

Other thoughts I had: I feel guilty if I ever called off at this job because we are short staffed and I’m a great worker.
Somedays I really needed to and didn’t.
My therapist is right maybe I should start putting myself first more.

4 Hearts

I agree you need to pout yourself first in life, I have done so much of not putting myself first. I have left lost and at times just utterly hopeless, But as i am putting myself first more and more, it has slowly been helping.

4 Hearts

Congratulations on becoming an Aunt! That is very exciting!
What sort of job are you looking for?

2 Hearts

I think that self-care is really important and if you feel overwhelmed at work, it’s probably better to look for another one. I recently quit a job I was at for a month because I started having allergies. I felt bad about it at first but I just didn’t know if I was going to have more allergies in the future. I am also getting help from a vocational counselor.

3 Hearts

Is it ok if I don’t know exactly.
I typed/wrote what I’m looking for in a job. I’m going to brainstorm with a job coach and my vocational counselor. I’m sure they will help me find something better.

2 Hearts

Absolutely! There are tons of jobs out there, but only one that will fit great for you!

2 Hearts

I am the queen of staying at jobs because it’s easy and always trying to put others before myself.
At my last job there wasn’t anything I enjoyed. My boss was horrific, my coworkers were miserable and the pay was awful. I was consistently working on my days off and not getting paid extra. I put some resumes out there. I didn’t jump into anything I simply took my time. In a few months I got offered the job of my dreams. I was super scared, but I took it. That was 4 years ago. I love what I do and I’m so glad I took that chance.
You never know.

2 Hearts

Thanks for the comment.
I’m hoping I can start this process really soon.
Hopefully I can take a couple week off of work soon too. I feel I deserve it.

1 Heart

I need to remember that it may take awhile to find the right thing. I just need to keep hanging in there even if it’s getting harder. Focus on my goals and the good things I have going on.

3 Hearts

I’m doing so well that I only need a little bit of help. It looks like I’ll be kicked out of the program eventually too.
I just want specific ideas (Groups) to run with.

Did you ever find what you were looking for?

Not yet still looking.
Hopefully the right thing will work out for me.

2 Hearts

I am really struggling myself. Take care :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Hearts

I need to keep this in mind. Think about things a lot before I make a decision and not jump into things like I have the tendency too. I don’t know if I should put that on hold for a little bit. I have to have surgery and will have to be out of work for a little while (4 days maybe).
Not even that is going through to make me back down on my decision. I’m sticking with it!

Surgery, are you ok Sami?

Yes. It’s just minor surgery. I should be healed in about a week. I might have to use the rest of my PTO time though (or as i like to think of it “my get out of work card”).
I’m going to keep applying to jobs too and I will find something better for me eventually. I shouldn’t give up. I just need to do whatever it takes to hang in there until then.

Surgery is surgery, but I am glad it gets you out of work and gives you time to apply for new jobs.

My job is complicated: One false move/mistake and someone can choke and maybe die. That’s a lot of pressure on us. I mean I understand why it’s a rule but it’s definitely anxiety/stress producing. This thought came up after hearing one of my newer coworkers talking about it. This job is definitely not for everyone- it take really special people to work there. I just celebrated my 2 year anniversary there and I think that’s a huge accomplishment.
Persistence!!! Even though I got rejected a lot so far job application wise I’ll keep trying. Thankfully I have help.
Positives: This job does get me out of the house. It’s helping me save for the future (an apartment/retirement). Also, it may help me finacially to fix what needs to be fixed with my mouth ( I need braces and they are expensive). I should have got that done sooner but I had other situations to deal with but I don’t think it’s too late to fix all this.

1 Heart

I am so proud of you, you are doing such a lovely job keeping these older humans well fed and loved.

1 Heart