Why I hate myself: -I didn't get enough attention when I wa

Why I hate myself ( my therapist told me to think about this):
-I didn't get enough attention when I was younger so it lead me to get attention another way (I was sexually assaulted). That's why I hate my body and tried to destroy it before.
- I was abused in other ways too (Physical, Verbal and Psychological) and it makes it harder to love myself. I have a very low self esteem too. I was exploded on for making even a small mistake.
-I still think all this is my fault and want to punish myself for it all- even though it's not my fault.
I know I should let this go but I have PTSD because people put me into danger way too many times.I have to live with this everyday.

1 Heart

I'm so sorry that you had to experience that. I understand all to well where you're coming from. I as well suffer from PTSD. It's definitely not easy to live with. I think that it's great that you're seeing a therapist and trying to heal. That takes a lot of strength and courage.

Remember that you're a survivor! You've been through hell, but you're still here! You're dealing with your issues, and trying to heal properly. There are many people who refuse to even acknowledge that they need to address their problems. You're also able to self reflect. That's an important and powerful tool.

Keep your chin up! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need/want to talk.

1 Heart

Hi @Justwanttobeloved. Good advice.!

One day I will feel happy again! I can get through to the otherside of this. I just need to remember that it takes time.

1 Heart